The weather has been hot lately and nobody wants to eat warm food so here is an easy recipe that is perfect for summer days as lunch or evenings with some wine. This recipe only takes 10-15 minutes and has less than 5 ingredients. Perfect for a lazy evening or a quick lunch.
Julienne cutter (link here)
A good handful of cherry tomatoes
1 glass of white cheese
1 cucumber (additional)
Peper and salt
When preparing a lunch I like to do that the night before. It gives me more time in the morning and this recipe only takes 10-15 minutes to maken. When keeping it in the fridge for a whole night the flavours get mixed up and tastes much better!
1. Get all your ingredients on the counter and a container or a bowl where you can place everything in it.
2. Cut the courgette in half. Peel the zucchini with the Julienne cutter, or you can cut it with a sharp nice to very thin pieces.
3. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the container or bowl with the zucchini.
4. Add the cheese and the oil that comes with it for extra flavour. Keep the glass jar afterwards, what it and store items in them. Visit our post about glass jars here.
5. Mix it all up with a spoon. Add some salt and pepper and you are good to go. If you want to experience more you can add cucumber, garlic, onion or any other vegetable you want.
6. And the waste you create? As mentioned use the glass jar once again. Store bulk items in it or plant a plant in it. Visit our post about glass jars here.
If you have some food scraps left over compost them. Read more about composting at home here.
Feel free to add other vegetables or spices that you have at home. This is a great way to use leftover vegetables for a salad.