We love asparagus and we have a recipe that is super tasty. This recipe is from Dille and Kamille. I made some adjustments but it is totally recommended.
What you will need for the filling
6-8 green asparagus
100 gram green peas
100 gram cheese
70 gram feta (from glass)
10 gram parsley
Pepper and salt
What you will need for the dough
400 gram self-raising flour
200 gram butter in small pieces
100 ml cold water
Bit of salt
- Mix the flour, salt, butter and water in a bowl and knead into a firm dough. Shape it into a ball and let it sit for 30 minutes in the fridge. (I made the dough a day before and let it sit in the fridge. This way I saved some time for the next day.)
- Preheated oven at 180 degrees. Grease an oven bowl with butter. Roll out the dough on the kitchen counter with flour on it. Place it in your bowl and prick some holes with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile cook the asparagus and green peas for 5 minutes in water.
- Mix the eggs, cheese, persely, pepper and salt in a bowl.
- Remove the cake from the oven and fill it with the asparagus and green peas.
- Pour the eggs mix on top. Crumble the feta on top of it and bake for other 35 minutes.
I like to clean up the kitchen and set the table while I wait for the cake to be ready. When the cake is ready, let it cool for awhile so that the crust does not break when you cut it.
Add your leftover veggies and eggshells to the compost. Read more about composting at home here.