Dry lips can be painful and hard to cure. I experienced dry lips a few times especially in the winter months, but in the summer time as well. If I sit next to an air conditioner for too long, my lips will get dry and I will have to apply lip balm every half an hour.
Fortunately, my mom taught me a quick, easy, and zero-waste way to fix this! This treatment is also great if you want to give your lips some extra nourishment.
You will need:
- A dry toothbrush
- Some Honey (vegan option: Aloe vera)
- A lip balm
It only takes a few minutes to apply this method:
- Make sure your lips are clean with no lip balm or lipstick on them.
- With a dry toothbrush, brush your lips gently. This should not hurt but rather feel as if you massaged your lips.
- After brushing your lips for 1-2 minutes, apply a layer of honey on them. Leave the honey on for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also leave the honey on through the night and remove it in the morning.
- Your lips should feel soft and a bit red – the redness is a result of scrubbing that increases circulation in the lips. Apply your lip balm for extra protection and you are good to go!
Use this recipe once or twice a week, depending on your needs.
If you have any irritations or have sensitive skin, it is best to test the treatment on a smaller surface before using it. By medical skin conditions, always consult your doctor or dermatologist.