One of our favourite recipes that we love to make. Pasta from the oven is nice and warm but can be eaten when it cools down too. With a few ingredients that, of course, can be bought without waste. This recipe is for 2 persons and takes around 30-40 minutes to make.
A baking pan
An oven dish
1 red onion
A handful of mushrooms
A glass of tomato sauce
160 gram pasta (bought in bulk from Gimsel)
Cheese (bought in a beeswax wrap and grated)
Salt and peper
1. Put water in the pan and let it boil. Meanwhile you wait for the water to start boiling, cut the zucchini and mushrooms in quarters and the onion in half circles. Heat up some olive oil in the baking pan and add the vegetables.
2. When the water is boiling add the pasta and cook it for 4 minutes.
3. When the vegetables start to get a bit bruin, add the pasta sauce to it, turn off the heat and stir well.
4. Drain the pasta and add it to the oven dish. Add the tomato sauce on top of it with peper and salt. Finish with some cheese. Put it all in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Finish with some fresh herbs such as basil or rosemary. Add some more cheese or season it with some oregano if you wish.
6. And the waste you create? As mentioned use the glass jar once again. Store bulk items in it or plant a plant in it.
If you have some food scraps left over, compost them. Read more about home composting here.
Feel free to add other vegetables or spices that you have at home. This is a great way to use leftover vegetables for a tasty oven dish.