If you want to grow veggies and fruits at home in pots on the balcony or a sunny window, this post is for you! In this post I planted paprika seeds that I kept from last years harvest. Here are a few tips!
- It is best to sow in February and keep them indoors because they need some time to grow.
- Use egg boxes to sow your seeds or other boxes from paper, plastic or glass that you can reuse.
- Put some soil in the egg box and sow 2 or 3 seeds per (egg)cup. Then cover with 0,5 cm soil.
- Spray the soil 2 times a day. In the morning and in the evening.
- Keep them in the sunny window. Watch out though! The sun can sometimes burn their leaves and they can die. If it gets too hot, place them on a light spot in the house.
- In 4 to 5 weeks you should see the plants growing (shown on the picture above).
- After a while you will see the roots pushing through the egg box, than you know it is time to repot them in a larger pot.
In a couple of weeks I am going to repot them so they can grow bigger. I keep them on my balcony when the weather gets nicer and have fresh veggies through the summer. If I have planted too much I always offer them to friends and they usually take good care of them.
Check out our other posts about gardening indoors! Good luck and let us know how it turned out or if you need some help.